Synthetic grass doesn't need irrigation, so it will cut the water bill for average homes, besides also considered as eco-friendly. It also doesn't need trimming, which will save time for people who too busy to do regular gardening, or saving cost from the necessity to hire a gardener. Homeowners and commercial establishments can save money and time on lawn maintenance.
It's true that artificial turf has limited life, especially when compared to natural grass. However, it will be much durable when installed by professional contractor like Synthetic Grass Phoenix. After installation has been completed, there are no more worries about mowing, weeding, fertilizing, trimming, or irrigation. Keep in mind though, synthetic grass is not entirely maintenance free. The lifespan of artificial grass also can last longer than 6-7 years if you do proper treatment.
You don't want your artificial turf to look like this!
Here are some useful tips on how to maintain synthetic grass:
- Remove debris regularly, which includes leaves, animal waste, paper, branches, and other trashes. You can remove them with hand, or use tools like plastic rake, vacuum, and leaf blower. Do this more often if you have children, pets, or if you live in a very dusty area.
- Use hose with sprinkler setting to rinse. Clean stains using mild detergent, if they can't be removed with water alone. Don't use strong chemical fluid.
- Spray the grass with water during extreme hot weather to protect it from sun damage.
- Use recommended herbicidal to prevent natural weed to grow in your artificial turf. Yes, it happens, especially during the rainy season. Avoid using toxic or strong products.
- Brush the flattened grass to original position. Brush them in a number of different directions for a more natural look. Regular grooming prevents matting and keeps your lawn’s infill from compacting.
- Contact a professional if your artificial grass lawn needs major repair, such as the flattened area is too wide to fix by hand brush.
With proper care and maintenance on regular basis, you can extend the life of your synthetic turf and keep it looking clean, lush, and odor free for years to come.